Tomorrow is the Grand Rapids City Commission’s next meeting. The agenda is available online and here’s a preview of what they will be discussing:
- 8:10am – Committee on Appointments Meeting
- 8:30am – Fiscal Committee Meeting
- 8:30am – Community Development Committee (This meeting will include discussion of a variety of issues including the City’s citywide Internet project and various property sales)
- 9:30am – Committee of the Whole
Evening Meeting Agenda Highlights
The City Commission meets at 7:00pm in the Commission Chambers at 300 Monroe NW.
- Hearing to consider the creation of the Uptown Corridor Improvement Authority and the boundaries of an authority development area.
- Hearing to consider an amendment to the Brownfield Plan related to the Meridian Building Company, LLC Project located at 20 East Fulton Street.
- Hearing to consider an amendment to the amendment to the Brownfield Plan related to the former Steelcase Campus Project, Ashley Capital Grand Rapids, LLC Project located at the east side of Eastern Avenue between 36th Street and 44th Street, Grand Rapids.
- Hearing to consider an application for an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate for Canal Street Brewing Company, LLC d/b/a Founders Brewing Company located at 235 Grandville Ave., S.W.
- Hearing to consider an amendment to the Brownfield Plan related to the Seward, LLC – Drueke and Enterprise Buildings Project located at 601 Third St., N.W. (Drueke Building) and 528 Fourth St., N.W. (Enterprise Building).
Near the beginning of the meeting, there is time for public comment on agenda items. At the end of the meeting, there is time for general public comment on any issue.
Contact information for the City Commissioners is available if you wish to voice a concern outside of meetings.
We’re now printing a preview of the City Commission’s agenda because too many people–from the local media to progressive activists–tend to ignore the City Commission. While there are always limits to how much success folks can have in petitioning the government, it does offer one possible course of action.