Today we made a number of updates to our Underground Newspaper Archive, adding several new articles from The Fundamentalist, a newspaper that was published in Grand Rapids from 1992 to 1998. Over the next few weeks we’ll adding more articles from The Fundamentalist, as they offer a lot of important historical information for folks doing social change work in West Michigan on issues ranging from resistance to war to development and gentrification in downtown Grand Rapids.
The articles added today include:
- Debt, Deceit, and Death: How Vern Ehlers Misleads Citizens, May 1996
- Employment in Inner City Grand Rapids: Not Just an Issue of Black and White, May 1996
- Lawbreaking Lawmaker Passes On Legacy of Killing, May 1996
- Justice 2000 Plan Runs Up Against Mayor’s Arrogance, May 1996
- Stand For Children: Making a Commitment For Their Future, May 1996
- Eulogizing Legitimate Criminals: The Corporate Media and Ron Brown’s Death, May 1996
- Residents Ignored Again as Grand Pricks Committee Pushes to Convert Downtown G.R. Streets into a Racetrack!, May 1996
- Cow Diseases and Mad Humans, May 1996
- Hearing on Imprisonment Indicates People are Ready to Change Direction, May 1996
Eventually, the print archives of The Fundamentalist will be available at the Bloom Collective.